Tulsi (Holy Basil) has antioxidant properties and helps boost the body's ability to fight off damaging free radicals, which have been linked to aging and disease . It is an adaptogen that helps the body fight the effects of on going stress and also balances the mind, emotions and nerves.
It is known to keep up the health of the throat lungs and chest . In fact, it helps protect the whole respiratory tract.
USES OF HOLY BASIL:
Tulsi helps protect the physiology from garavisha-- pollution and environmental toxins. It is useful in purify the atmosphere.
Tulsi (Holi Basil) is also a skin rasayana. With vitamin C, calcium, carotene and phosphorus.
Tulsi also helpful to maintain the digestive agni (fire).
Servings per container: 60
Dosage:1-2 Capsules twice a day after meal or or as directed by your health practitioner.
Buy Holy Basil (Tulsi) Supplements
Tulsi generally known as holy basil and has anti parasitic properties and anti bacterial. Plant parts used are leaves, seeds, flower and root. It is being used in various herbal ayurvedic formulations. Tulsi herb is dominantly used in asthmatic and bronchitis conditions.
15 Benefits of the Holy Basil (Tulsi)
The holi basil or tulsi is an important symbol in the Hindu religious tradition and is worshipped in the morning and evening by large of Hindus. The holy basil is also a herbal medicine for a lot of common ailments. Here're top fifteen remedial uses of tulsi.
1. Healing Power: The tulsi plant has a lot of remedial properties. The Basil leaves are a nerve tonic and also sharpen memory. They promote the removal of the phlegm and catarrhal matter from the bronchial tube. The leaves strengthen the stomach & induce copious perspiration. The seed of the holi basil are mucilaginous.
2. Common Cold & Fever: The leaves of Holi Basil are specific for several fevers. During the rainy season, when dengue fever and malaria are widely prevalent, tender leaves, boiled with tea, act as preventive against theses diseases. In case of acute fevers, a decoction of the leaves boiled with powdered cardamom in half a liter of water and mix with milk and sugar brings down the temperature. The juice of Holi Basil leaves can be used to bring down fever. Extract of tulsi leaves in fresh water should be given each 2 to 3 hours. meanwhile one can keep giving sips of cold water. In children, it is every effectual in bringing down the temperature.
3. Coughs: Tulsi is an significant constituent of several Ayurvedic cough syrups and expectorants. It is useful to mobilize mucus in asthma and bronchitis. Chewing tulsi leaves relieves flu and cold .
4. Sore Throat: Water boiled with basil (Tulsi) leaves can be in use as drink in case of sore throat. This water also can be used as a gargle.
5. Respiratory Disorder: The herb is helpful in the treatment of respiratory system disorder. A decoction of the leaves, with ginger and honey is an effectual remedy for asthma, influenza, bronchitis, cough and cold. A decoction of the cloves, leaves and common salt also gives immediate relief in case of influenza. They should be boiled in half of a liter of water till only half the water is left and add then taken.
6. Kidney Stone: Holi Basil (Tulsi) has strengthening effect on the kidney. In case of renal stone the juice of honey and basil leaves, if taken regularly for 6 months it will expel them via the urinary tract.
7. Heart Disorder: Tulsi has a helpful effect in cardiac disease and the weakness resulting from them. It reduce the level of blood cholesterol.
8. Children's Ailments: Common pediatric problems like fever, diarrhea, cough cold, and vomiting respond favorably to the juice of Tulsi (Basil) leaves. If pustule of chickenpox holdup their appearance, basil leaves taken with saffron will hasten them.
9. Stress: Basil (Tulsi) leaves are regarded as an anti-stress agent or 'adaptogen' . modern studies have shown that the leaves afford significant safety against stress. Even healthy persons can chew 12 leaves of basil, two time a day, to prevent stress. It purifies blood and helps prevent some common elements.
10. Mouth Infections: The leaves are quit effectual for the ulcer and infections in the mouth. A few leaves chewed will treat these situation.
11. Insect Bites: The herb is a preventive or prophylactic and curative for insect stings or bites. A teaspoonful of the juice of leaves is taken and is repeated after a few hours. Fresh juice must also be useful to the affected parts. A paste of fresh roots is also effectual in case of bites of leeches and insects .
12. Skin Disorders: Applied locally, basil juice is helpful in the cure of ringworm and other skin diseases. It has also been tried successfully by some naturopaths in the healing of leucoderma.
13. Teeth Disorder: The herb is helpful in teeth disorders. Its leaves, dried in the sun and powdered, can be used for teeth brushing. It can also be mixed with mustered oil to make a toothpaste. This is very good for maintain dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also helpful in pyorrhea and other teeth disorders.
14. Headaches: Basil (Tulsi) makes a well medicine for headache. A decoction of the basil leaves can be given for this disorder. Pounded leaves mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the forehead for getting relief from headache, heat and for providing coolness in general.
15. Eye Disorders: Juice of Holi Basil is a useful medicine for night-blindness and sore eyes, which is usually caused by deficiency of vitamin A. Two drops of black basil juice are put into the eyes every day at bedtime.
DISCLAIMER: These are just a common guidelines as a first aid. It is at all times better to see a doctor depending upon the intensity of the case.
Tulsi Medicinal Uses:
Regular use of this remedy cures cold, cough, chronic or new catarrh, cold by birth, nausea, respiratory problem and pain in the eyes, high or low blood pressure, constipation, gas, hear disease, acidity, weakness of the kidneys, stones, deficiency of vitamin A or C and the diseases caused thereby, fever and skin diseases.
Basil is the most excellent medicine for jaundice. Take ten leaves of basil with 10gm of radish juice and consume 10gm with jaggery regularly for one month three time daily to treat jaundice.
Eat three to five basil leaves daily. Put five leaves of basil in drinking water before half an hour. This cure piles. Crush the basil leaves and apply the lep on the haemorrhoids. And half a piece of camphor in this paste and avoid spicy and hot food items. Control sour food items wholly for complete relief.
Take 7 holy basil (Tulsi) leaves, 5 cloves and boil in one glass of water. Create pieces of holy basil leaves and cloves before boiling them in water. When the water reduce to half then add rock salt and drink it hot. After drinking this decoction cover the body with clothe and let it sweat. Temperature becomes normal instantly and is also superior cure catarrh, cold, and fever. This medicine can be taken two or three time in day depending on the severity of the problem.
If the little children catch cold and phelgm then give ginger juice or basil juice with 5 to 7 drops of honey for immediate relief.
Basil leaves cure the stomachache. Consuming one spoon each of ginger juice and basil cures stomachache and cramps.
Heat the ginger juice and basil and take one spoon for twice a days at an interval of three hours to cure stomach worms, they are evacuated with stools.
Make a powder out of flower of basil, small papal, skin of neem and black pepper and take three gm of this powder on empty stomach to cure acidity. It treats the disease within 4-5 days
Thickening the sperm:
Basil cure seminal problems, take 50gm each of basil seeds and sugar candy and take 2.5 gm of this powder with milk each morning. If the seeds of basil are not available then basil roots can be taken with sugar candy. The basil roots are also helpful for thickening and strengthening the sperm and bring back the masculinity.
Holi Basil (Tulsi) is an aromatic herb found in all places. It is the worshipped plant in Hindu culture. This herb contains such a chemical composition that no flies and mosquitoes can come near the plant because of its peculiar odor. Thereby by planting tulsi in courtyard keeps our home secure from any diseases caused by these organisms.
Health Benefits of Tulsi
1. Tulsi acts as anti bacterial and anti parasitic, therefore is generally used in infectious diseases.
2. It act on nervous system providing them strength, relieves stress and helps in pain relieving.
3. Holy basil works as appetizer and promotes digestion by helping in secretion of digestive enzymes.
4. Juice of Tulsi when mixed with ginger juice is very effective in abdominal disorder in children.
5. It is useful in preventing flatulence and avoids constipated stool.
6. It is an effectual natural treat for upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).
7. Holy basil (Tulsi) works as good expectorant relieve from wet cough.
8. It is very helpful in asthmatic and bronchitis conditions.
9. Holi basil works as antibiotic eliminating the bacteria.
10. It is commonly used in fever as it act as pain reliever, antipyretic, and provides strength to our body. Take powder of tulasi leaves along with saunthi (dried ginger) and sugar with hot water in fevers.
11. Tulsi also possesses anti-cancerous properties.
12. It juice drops are very useful in earache.
13. Keep powder of tulsi root in water for overnight and get it early morning for diabetes natural treat.
14. Holi basil works as a powerful antioxidant thereby helps in preventing early aging signs also makes the skin young.
Disclaimer:The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you have a constant health state or your symptoms are rigorous, seek advice from a well qualified medical doctor. Content on the above page about physical and mental conditions and remedies have not been checked by the U.S. FDA.