Triphala is a composite herbal preparation containing equivalent proportions of Haritaki, Amalaki and Bibhitaki.
Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica)
• Haritaki: It is a rasayana for the eyes and superior for the digestive system. It is a yogavahini, which means that it cleanses the channels and is absorbed swiftly by the body. In addition, the Charaka Samhita says that Haritaki is the all-dosha balancing.
• Amalaki: It is a rasayana, which means that it has longevity-enhancing and disease-defying qualities. The Charaka Samhita says that it is the top among rejuvenative herbs. It is an excellent basis of Vitamin C, and is the most concentrated and absorbable source of the vitamin in the plant kingdom. It also contains added absorbable minerals that nourish the skin, the blood and the complete body. Because of its high content of Vitamin C, it is a great antioxidant.
• Bibhitaki: It is ideal for pacifying both Kapha and Pitta , and that it cleanses the nutritive fluid (Rasa Dhatu), the muscle , the blood and the fat tissue. Sushruta point out the bhedana effect of this fruit, which means that because of its heating quality it clears the clogged channels almost as if drilling them clear.
Benefits of Triphala:
• Triphala help in cleanses, constipation and tonify the gastro intestinal tract
• Detoxifies the whole body and improves assimilation and digestion
• Triphala effective in expelling stones from the urinary tracts.
• Very effective in natural colon cleansing and also used in relieving constipation.
• It is a strong rejuvenator of the body especially for the vision, voice and hair.
• It is helpful in reducing the lipid levels in the heart and liver.
•Triphala formula parallels the actions of: Herbal laxatives, digestive Probiotics and liver cleansers.
The colon plays an main role in eliminating the waste and toxic material from the body and absorbs the water and sodium to keep up the electrolyte balance. The inappropriate functioning of the colon causes accumulation of toxic matter in the body, thus, resulting in different health problems. For a good health colon cleansing is necessary. A clean colon helps in the anticipation of various health problems like common cold, digestive problems, joint pains, vision problems, loss of memory constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, headaches, sinusitis, allergies, hemorrhoids, weight problems and stress.
We as human beings cannot imagine to have quick minds or vitality for living when our bodies are polluted with waste. People report greater alertness, overwhelming joy, incredible insight, and even improved sex after cleansing their colon. There are many methods that can be used for cleaning the colons; one among them is the use of ayurveda product triphala.
Triphala, as it is called, is the most well-liked Ayurvedic herbal method of India, since it is an effective laxative which also supports the body's strength. The constitution of vegetarian Hindus cannot tolerate harsh laxatives any longer than vegetarians in other countries. Because of its high nutritional worth, Triphala uniquely cleanses and detoxifies at the deepest organic level without depleting the body's reserves. Triphala is a one of the most valuable herbal preparations in the world.
Triphala combines both nutritional as well as blood and liver purification actions. It has small function as a demulcent or lubricating laxative, however. It possesses some anthroquinones which assist stimulate bile flow and peristalsis. The nutritional aspect is additional in the form of its high vitamin C content, the presence of linoleic oil and other important nutrients which it makes more of a tonic.
Herbal curing is largely a matter of strategy. The problem with overemphasizing tonification is that it can lead to further stagnation and congestion in an surplus condition. Emphasizing elimination through the overuse of purgatives in an already deficient individual can further deplete the body's store of minerals and essential B vitamins as well as imbalance beneficial intestinal micro-organisms. The effect is weakness with a probable tendency towards chronic fatigue and anemia. Since the body is always simultaneously involved with maintaining and gaining strength through good quality nutrition as well as eliminating waste, Triphala is unique in that it is naturally capable to maintain both vital processes simultaneously.
Some of the scientific research and useful experience of people using it down through the ages has demonstrated that Triphala is an successful blood purifier that stimulates bile secretion as it detoxifies the liver, helps digestion and assimilation, and significantly reduces serum cholesterol and lipid levels throughout body. As a result, it is regarded as a kind of universal panacea and is the most normally prescribed herbal formula.
The three fruits of Triphala (Haritaki, Amlaki and Bihara/Bibhitaki) each correspond to the "three humours" or "tridosha" of Indian Ayurvedic medicine. As per Ayurvedic theory, the body is composed of three doshas or humours. Vata is occasionally translated as "wind" which corresponds to the mind and nervous method. Its nature is dry, light cold and activating. The second is pitta which is as well translated as "fire" or "bile."
Disclaimer:The statements regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you have a constant health state or your symptoms are rigorous, seek advice from a well qualified medical doctor. Content on the above page about physical and mental conditions and remedies have not been checked by the U.S. FDA.